- Bitcoin gaining today after two straight days of declines, up 1.3 percent to around $8,800.
- The Libra Association, working under the auspices of Facebook to create a digital currency, has designated the leadership of a committee that will coordinate the token’s proposed design.
- And crypto tax legislation is getting a new life in the U.S. Congress.
- Some investors at a crypto conference this week in Switzerland say the U.S. may be entering a new cold war with China - over the future of money.
- Back in North America, The Block reports most Canadian crypto exchanges will likely fall under the country’s securities laws following new guidance published Thursday.
- And just a day after reports emerged that the Malta-based crypto exchange Binance will soon restrict access to Japanese residents, the exchange now says it’s eyeing the launch of a new trading platform for the Asian market.
More ways to listen or subscribe:
Whether you’re a first-time listener or you’ve heard every episode, we’d like to know what you think about the show. What do you like? What don’t you like? What do you think we’ve totally missed but should be talking about every day or at least every week?
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.