Think you’re one of the most insightful and data-driven blockchain enthusiasts around? Do you have a thorough understanding for various blockchain technologies and an intense curiosity for its potential applications? Are you a cogent and persuasive writer? Do you have a knack for identifying key trends and an eye for talent? If so, you’re exactly who we’re looking for!
As CoinDesk’s lead Research Analyst, you’ll take a leading role on the small, tight-knit team building CoinDesk’s research product from the ground up. You’ll be responsible for working with our editorial team and content director to evaluate new applications and technical developments, analyze trends and data, and interviews the subject matter experts building the foundations of the blockchain industry. Your primary focus will be on conducting research and drafting our quarterly industry report and monthly sector reports and related supplemental materials. You will also be expected to set the direction for content marketing collateral and evergreen content for the CoinDesk site that will help feed into research sales.
In the process, you’ll gain incredible exposure to industry experts and business leaders within Fortune 500 companies and the top blockchain startups (i.e. the next generation of unicorns?) And you can expect to take advantage of all the free caffeine and snacks you can handle, a roof deck (with complimentary adult beverages and a view of Times Square), and a flexible work schedule!
You will be an integral part of the CoinDesk research team who takes point on producing our in-depth monthly reports, executive summaries and technical features. You will be expected to develop your own perspective and voice, and translate that into must-read content for our institutional audience.
You will report to CoinDesk’s team lead. This is a full-time staff role with benefits.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience: 4-5+ years research, strategy or consulting, preferably with a technology and/or financial services focus.
- Exceptional Communication Skills: You must be a meticulous, persuasive world-class writer with a unique voice and original thoughts on the blockchain industry. We would love to see a personal blog, Medium posts, Tweet storms, and other content you have produced. Must also have excellent oral communication skills and ability to parse complex technical information.
- Work Independently: Able to prioritize, organize, and manage own work and thrive on a small team with light management. You have an innate ability to manage projects, multi-task, stay organized, and hit deadlines in a fast-paced environment without being asked twice. You must enjoy self-directed work and have a high degree of personal initiative. If you don’t have an entrepreneurial streak, you won’t like it here or last very long.
- Passion for the industry: Strong knowledge and passion for blockchain, FinTech and financial services, willing to work in this fast-moving environment, without losing attention to details and context. Exceptional lateral thinking abilities are a must.
- Strong leadership potential: We have a lean team that often needs to work collaboratively to accomplish greater goals. We need someone who can thrive working autonomously, while also scaling into a role in which he/she can help recruit and manage the future research team.
- Bonus Skills: Proficiency with Adobe (particularly Photoshop and InDesign). Spreadsheet wizardry for reporting and data analysis.
- Craft CoinDesk’s quarterly state of the industry reports, and work with editorial and business teams to produce monthly reports on the leading technologies trends and companies in the blockchain ecosystem.
- Align with design partners on research methodology, conduct interviews, synthesize and produce supporting data and draft reports with assistance from CoinDesk’s editorial team.
- Conduct analysis on market impact of emerging technologies, and summarize key findings
- Create and distribute surveys to inform research objectives, and work with marketing to organize and maintain a database for effective surveying
- Set direction for corresponding content marketing collateral needed to boost qualified leads and convert new research subscribers.
Compensation includes competitive salary, benefits, flexible vacation policy, annual performance pay dependent on individual and company performance, and long-term performance incentives.
Please send resumes and cover letters to Dasha Sukovatitsyn (firstname.lastname@example.org).