Journalist (UK + Europe)
CoinDesk is looking for an enterprising journalist to help extend its market-leading blockchain and cryptocurrency coverage overseas.
Ideal candidates would live in the UK or Europe, preferably in an area where they can build contacts, sources and amass expertise relevant to their reporting.
- Have a passion for technology and finance (and fintech innovations like blockchain)
- Enjoy researching compelling stories, interviewing the influencers behind them and hunting down leads and live for the thrill of the scoop.
- You're also diligent and fanatical about accurate reporting and precise copywriting.
You will be responsible for:
- Analysis and deep reporting for news pieces published on our website.
- Attending and reporting at events, conferences and other industry meetings.
- Building relationships with and interviewing relevant influencers and companies.
- Supporting 24-hour coverage of the bitcoin and blockchain industry.
- Deep knowledge of platforms: past experience producing content for the web (blogging, Facebook, Twitter).
- Education: Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience: 1-3 years as a journalist (professionally or at the college level)
- Flexibility and curiosity: We have a lean, mean team that often needs to work collaboratively to accomplish greater goals.
Please send resumes and cover letters to Pete Rizzo (email@example.com).