Crypto Finance & Markets Lead (Full Time)
The financial asset is being reimagined for the digital age.
With the rise of blockchain technology, the world is on the verge of unlocking an entire new public market – one dominated by crowdfunded and collaborative protocols, projects and companies, all of which will offer retail investors exposure to new, diverse – and high-risk – offerings once typically reserved for Silicon Valley and institutional investors.
In short, the technology that started with bitcoin is beginning to go mainstream, and it's this narrative that CoinDesk is seeking an experienced financial markets journalist to cover.
What we're looking for:
– Ability to work alongside a small, but focused editorial team, managing freelancers and opinion contributors to build a premium product for traders, investors and money managers
– Capacity to envision and build new editorial products to grow readership, as well as critically analyze processes and develop solutions for managing market information
– Deep knowledge of platforms (blogging, SlideShare, Facebook, Twitter) and ability to track, manage and use data as a mode of storytelling
– Expert copywriting, interviewing and editing skills
– Passion for capital markets, investing and finance and comfort discussing the details of financial statements, SEC filings, financial market analysis and business model analysis.
– Analysis and deep reporting for news and feature pieces published on our website.
– Attending and reporting at events, conferences and other industry meetings.
– Building relationships with and interviewing relevant influencers and companies.
– Editing articles and managing an editorial schedule
– Supporting 24-hour coverage of the bitcoin and blockchain industry.
– Education: Bachelor's degree required.
– Experience: At least 3-5 years experience in financial markets reporting as a full-time journalist or the equivalent time as a freelancer for related publications.
– Flexibility and curiosity: We have a lean, mean team that often needs to work collaboratively to accomplish greater goals.
– Willingness to work in fast-moving environment.
Please send resumes and cover letters to CoinDesk Editor Pete Rizzo (email@example.com).