SBI Digital Asset Holdings is to integrate its institution-focused digital assets wallet with the digital securities platform from Securitize, a regulated U.S.-headquartered firm.
- In an announcement, Securitize's Japanese arm said the integration would enable users of the "sbiwallet" to sell, issue and manage tokenized securities directly within the app.
- Securitize, which is regulated in the U.S. by the Securities and Exchange Commission and FINRA as a transfer agent and broker-dealer, offers a way to issue and sell blockchain tokens representing securities and manage them over their lifecycle.
- "This partnership will give our customers a one-stop access to the [security token] platform with industry-leading security and convenience,” said Securitize Japan, country head Hidetoshi Kobayashi.
- SBI Wallet is a digital asset wallet and custody solution for institutional investors said to offer high levels of security and regulatory compliance.
- SBI Digital Asset Holdings, a subsidiary of Japanese financial giant SBI Holdings, inked a deal with Switzerland’s SIX Digital Exchange to offer digital asset trading for institutional investors in Singapore earlier this month.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.