A leading independent financial analysis shares thoughts on the “Robinhood rally,” Fed policy and why Modern Monetary Theory (MMT) is already here.
For more episodes and free early access before our regular 3 p.m. Eastern time releases, subscribe with Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pocketcasts, Google Podcasts, Castbox, Stitcher, RadioPublica, iHeartRadio or RSS.
Today on The Brief:
- An unexpectedly good retail sales report drives market confidence
- Are we in for a second wave of white-collar layoffs?
- The latest rumblings in central bank digital currencies
Our main conversation:
Jesse Felder is an independent financial analyst and one of the best financial curators on Twitter.
In this wide ranging conversation, he and NLW discuss:
- The Robinhood rally and what makes it both alike and different from previous manias
- The illusion of American recovery and the disconnect between markets and fundamentals
- The Federal Reserve’s role in increasing economic inequality
- Why the dollar is significantly overvalued relative to other currencies
- Why financial assets could be poised for a rough decade
The leader in blockchain news, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.