The world of finance is being reimagined for the digital age.
With the rise of blockchain technology, the world is on the verge of realizing an entirely new way to transact, one that opens up markets once typically reserved for Silicon Valley investors, empowers businesses with new efficiencies and more.
Yet, amidst this volatile market, those who are impacted need independent, fact-based guidance to navigate choppy waters.
It’s this narrative that CoinDesk is seeking an experienced financial markets journalist to cover.
What we’re looking for:
Deep knowledge of platforms: From blogging to SlideShare to Facebook and Twitter, our editor needs to be able to fit our editorial production to our vision, working across a diversity of platforms to reach this goal.
Organized & detail-oriented: Monitoring a global phenomenon is no easy task – we need someone who can help us shape our narrative and chart a course of action amidst what can be a volatile and fast-changing news cycle.
Proven leader & mentor: Ability to inhabit and improve other journalists work, working alongside them reach their full potential while shaping their ideas for our growing, global audience.
Strategic & forward-thinking: As the blockchain market changes, so must our content strategy. We’re looking for a strategic thinker who can help CoinDesk grow its content across new platforms and verticals with big, bold ideas.
– Analysis and deep reporting for news and feature pieces published on our website.
– Develop and mentor young, aspiring journalists working to master their skills in an emerging industry.
– Encouraging participation in CoinDesk’s coverage by working with freelancers and contributors.
– Exploring new opportunities to extend CoinDesk’s brand to email, social media and more.
– Setting editorial objectives and managing deadlines and deliverables
– Supporting 24-hour coverage of the bitcoin and blockchain industry.
– Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
– Experience: At least 3-5 years experience in financial markets reporting as a full-time journalist or the equivalent time as a freelancer or editor for related publications.
– Flexibility and curiosity: We have a lean, mean team that often needs to work collaboratively to accomplish greater goals.
– Willingness to work in fast-moving environment.
Please send resumes and cover letters to CoinDesk Editor Pete Rizzo (email@example.com).
The leader in blockchain news, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.