Crypto-miner Mawson Infrastructure Group discloses that Chief Finance Officer Hetal Majithia resigned to "pursue other opportunities" after just under a year with the company.
- The resignation takes effect Aug. 9, Mawson said in a filing.
- The company appointed Ariel Sivikofsy as a consultant until a replacement is selected.
- Majithia took on the role Aug. 19, 2021, according to another filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- In July, Mawson said it raised $10 million to provide balance sheet flexibility as crypto-lender Celsius, the parent company of Celsius Mining, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The two had signed a 200 megawatt (MW) colocation agreement in March, which included a $20 million loan to Mawson in exchange for 3.85 million warrants in the mining firm. Only 54MW of colocation were up and running as of the end of June, and Mawson expected another 67MW to be operational by end-July.
- Sivikofsy is CFO of Distributed Storage Solutions (DSS), a decentralized data storage provider on the Filecoin network.
- Australia-based Mawson owns about 20% of DSS.
- Mawson shares rose about 5% in premarket U.S. trading, in line with other bitcoin miners.
UPDATE (Aug. 8, 11:26 UTC): Adds tenure in third bullet, fundraising, Celsius agreement in fourth, fifth bullets, mining output in sixth.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.