Finance giant Schwab Asset Management (SCHW) said its first crypto-related exchange-traded fund (ETF) will be listed on New York Stock Exchange Arca from Aug. 4.
- The ETF will trade under the ticker STCE and will track Schwab's Crypto Thematic Index, the company said in a press release.
- Unlike ETFs that track a basket of digital assets, Schwab's will provide investors with exposure to companies that may benefit from the development or utilization of cryptocurrencies.
- The fund will track companies that may benefit from validating consensus mechanisms and crypto mining as well as digital-asset trading and brokerage services.
- “For investors who are interested in cryptocurrency exposures, there is a whole ecosystem to consider as more companies seek to derive revenue from crypto directly and indirectly,” said David Botset, Schwab's head of equity product management and innovation.
- Schwab first said it was preparing to launch a crypto-related ETF in March.
- Schwab did not immediately respond to CoinDesk's request for comment.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.