A community dedicated to FTT, the native token of cryptocurrency exchange FTX, has raised $7 million (250,000 FTT), which will be converted into an ecosystem fund, according to a press release.
- The fund will contribute to community-led projects across decentralized finance (DeFi) and crypto education.
- "I'm aware of FTT DAO, and it's cool that the community is spontaneously coming together," Bankman-Fried said in the statement.
- In the statement, the DAO said its members are "Bankman-Fried fans/followers/friends. We share the same values as SBF (Sam Bankman-Fried) and support his mission to give back to society in order to make a positive impact on our world."
- The FTT token was issued in 2019 as a cryptocurrency that gave FTX users discounted fees, increased affiliate revenue and access to initial exchange offerings (IEOs).
- FTT was recently trading at $27.64, down 2.4% over the past 24 hours.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.