Hong Kong-based investor in non-fungible token (NFT) and metaverse projects Animoca Brands’ portfolio investments totaled over $1.5 billion across more than 340 investments at the end of April, according to unaudited results released by the firm Monday.
- Bookings and other income totaled $148 million for the fourth quarter of last year and $573 million for the first four months of 2022. Bookings include token and NFT sales and other non-blockchain earnings. The “other income” portion includes gains and losses from investments and digital asset holdings.
- Cash balances stood at $98 million and digital asset holdings at $211 million at the end of April. Digital asset holdings included USDC, USDT, BUSD, ETH and BTC, the company said. Other digital asset holdings, including third-party tokens, added up to $659 million.
- Digital asset reserves were $4.2 billion and included the Animoca Brands tokens SAND, QUIDD, PRIMATE, REVV, TOWER and GMEE, among others.
- Animoca's key business units include The Sandbox, GAMEE, nWay, Blowfish Studios, Grease Monkey Games and blockchain service revenue from portfolio investments and partnerships.
- Earlier this year, Animoca Brands raised almost $360 million in a funding round at a $5.5 billion valuation, representing a doubling in its value in just three months.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.