Bitcoin miner CleanSpark (CLSK) reported fiscal second-quarter revenue of $41.6 million and adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation (Ebitda) of $22.5 million. Both results beat analysts' average estimates tallied by FactSet.
- While quarterly revenue edged up only slightly from the previous quarter, it was up fivefold from the year-ago level and beat estimates by $400,000.
- Adjusted Ebitda slipped 7% from the previous quarter’s $24.1 million. It was up from $1.9 million a year ago and topped estimates of $18.4 million.
- “While the whole industry faced macro headwinds, primarily driven by a lower average bitcoin price, we continued to execute on our infrastructure-first strategy,” CEO Zach Bradford said in a statement.
- Bradford noted that 100% of growth and capital spending was funded from the conversion of bitcoin (BTC). He also said the company hasn't used its shelf offering to raise capital since November.
- The company ended the quarter with $1.9 million in cash and $17 million in digital currencies.
- In March, CleanSpark said it aims to be among the top bitcoin miners with an expansion of up to 500 megawatts (MW).
- CleanSpark's shares rose 5.3% in after-hours trading on Tuesday. They are down about 40% year to date.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.