DeFi Trading Platform Hashflow Introduces Bridgeless Cross-Chain Swaps
The platform will enable native-to-native swaps, without slippage or pesky cross-chain bridges.
Decentralized finance (DeFi) trading platform Hashflow is offering a new feature to enable bridgeless cross-chain swaps, the company said Wednesday
- Hashflow said its trading platform uses a request-for-quote (RFQ) model, where professional market makers set token prices.
- Unlike Hashflow, most prominent decentralized finance (DeFi) trading platforms use automated market makers (AMM) to facilitate trades, but larger AMM trades can lead to high slippage, which is when the price of a token changes while a swap is in progress.
- With Hashflow, “you're basically requesting a quote from someone who has done price discovery off-chain, so as a result, you're able to essentially get better prices,” Hashflow founder Varun Kumar told CoinDesk.
- Hashflow will enable native-to-native swaps, meaning users will not rely on problem-prone cross-chain bridges and won’t receive “wrapped” versions of tokens when they swap across chains.
- Hashflow’s cross-chain trading feature is currently in Alpha mode and will support swaps involving Ethereum, Avalanche, BNB Chain, Arbitrum and Polygon at launch.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.