South Korean Smart Contract Auditing Platform Sooho.io Raises $4.5M
The startup works with Samsung and LG.
Sooho.io, a South Korean firm that scans crypto contracts for fatal flaws, raised $4.5 million in a Series A funding round to expand its existing product suite.
- The startup provides auditing to the IT arms of some of South Korea's top technology firms, including Samsung SDS, SK Inc. C&C and LG CNS, through its proprietary software Odin, according to a press release shared with CoinDesk.
- "Through these partnerships, we are committed to building an impregnable environment for Korea's DeFi ecosystem," said Jisu Park, CEO and founder of Sooho.io.
- Sooho.io has also built a protocol to aggregate leveraged yield farming products, aiming to centralize the "the fragmented landscape" of South Korean protocols, according to the press release. Dubbed Kleva, the protocol counts $500 million in total value locked.
- The funding round was led by WeMade Tree, which runs a blockchain-based gaming platform and is a subsidiary of South Korean video game developer WeMade Entertainment, known for its multiplayer online role-playing game The Legend of Mir.
- Simultaneously, Sooho.io announced a partnership with Lambda256, a subsidiary of South Korea's top cryptocurrency exchange by volume, Upbit. Lambda256 – which offers blockchain-as-a-service products – will use Sooho.io's Kleva and smart contract expertise to launch a decentralized finance (DeFi) ecosystem, according to the press release.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.