Crypto social investment platform Zignaly has signed a financing agreement worth up to $50 million with GEM Global Yield LLC SCS, a fund from $3.4 billion Luxembourg -based alternative investment group Global Emerging Markets (GEM).
- “This financing from GEM will allow the company to propel significant new product development and global adoption of the Zignaly platform, so we can empower the masses with a vastly better way to invest,” said Zignaly CEO Bartolome Bordallo in the press release.
- Zignaly is intended to offer actively managed investment services where users can invest with expert crypto traders and managed funds. Investors only pay a fee if they make a profit.
- The company says the platform lowers the barriers to entry for investors wanting to add digital assets to their portfolios, while leaving the risky trading and decision making to expert traders and funds.
- The Zignaly infrastructure supports sales and initial DEX offerings (IDO) on a number of blockchains including Ethereum, Polygon, Solana, Avalanche and BNB Chain (formerly Binance Smart Chain), among others. The platform is backed by the native ZIG token.
- Members of the Zignaly platform have invested more than $120 million in the portfolios of more than 300 traders and fund managers, according to the company.
Read more about
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.