Crypto social investment platform Zignaly has signed a financing agreement worth up to $50 million with GEM Global Yield LLC SCS, a fund from $3.4 billion Luxembourg -based alternative investment group Global Emerging Markets (GEM).
- “This financing from GEM will allow the company to propel significant new product development and global adoption of the Zignaly platform, so we can empower the masses with a vastly better way to invest,” said Zignaly CEO Bartolome Bordallo in the press release.
- Zignaly is intended to offer actively managed investment services where users can invest with expert crypto traders and managed funds. Investors only pay a fee if they make a profit.
- The company says the platform lowers the barriers to entry for investors wanting to add digital assets to their portfolios, while leaving the risky trading and decision making to expert traders and funds.
- The Zignaly infrastructure supports sales and initial DEX offerings (IDO) on a number of blockchains including Ethereum, Polygon, Solana, Avalanche and BNB Chain (formerly Binance Smart Chain), among others. The platform is backed by the native ZIG token.
- Members of the Zignaly platform have invested more than $120 million in the portfolios of more than 300 traders and fund managers, according to the company.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.