Lootex, a multi-chain non-fungible token (NFT) marketplace, has closed a $9 million seed funding round co-led by Spartan Capital, Infinity Ventures Crypto, LD Capital and game and entertainment company Akatsuki.
- The capital will help Taiwan-based Lootex further develop its trading platform, which currently features over 12,000 NFTs across 500 collections.
- “It is very important to activate the NFT marketplace for GameFi in order for NFT gamers to have ownership and move autonomously. We believe Lootex will contribute to the expansion of the GameFi ecosystem,” said Akatsuki Director Yuji Kumagai in a press release.
- Lootex’s marketplace allows players to purchase avatars, supplies and virtual land for NFT games. Lootex has partnered with more than 50 blockchain-based games, including RPS League, Block Monster, Dungeon Swap and Olympus Royale.
- Other participants in the funding round included Polygon Studios, Morningstar Ventures and SweeperDAO.
- “Our mission is to liberate game asset ownership and connect blockchain games to traditional players,” said Lootex CEO and co-founder Justine Lu.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.