Dapper Labs Raising $13.5M in Equity Offering
The NBA Top Shot creator is almost halfway toward its goal.
Dapper Labs, the creator of the digital basketball collectible platform NBA Top Shot, is raising $13.5 million in an equity offering and is almost halfway toward meeting that goal, according to a new regulatory filing.
- The company has raised $6.5 million to date from one investor. Dapper started accepting investments on Nov. 22.
- Sports non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are a booming area for investor support. In September, Dapper closed a $250 million funding round at a reported $7.6 billion valuation, and European soccer NFT platform Sorare raised $680 million at a $4.3 billion valuation.
- Since its founding in 2018, Dapper has raised $607.5 million in private funding, according to Crunchbase data.
- Last month, Dapper signed a multiyear partnership with National Basketball Association star Kevin Durant’s sports media company Boardroom. The company also acquired influencer platform Brud and launched a unit focusing on decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
- Dapper Labs didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.