Bitcoin Miner Bitfury Plans to Go Public With Value in ‘Billions of Pounds:’ Report
The company is reportedly valued at around $1 billion with investors that include Mike Novogratz’s Galaxy Digital.
Bitcoin mining company Bitfury is preparing to go public with what would be Europe’s biggest cryptocurrency valuation, according to The Telegraph.
- Bitfury is seeking advice from Deloitte over a potential public listing in the next 12 months and could have a “price tag in the billions of pounds,” according to the report Monday.
- The Amsterdam-based company is valued at about $1 billion, The Telegraph said, and its investors include financier Mike Novogratz’s Galaxy Digital.
- In March, Bitfury spun off a U.S. mining operations business through a combination with the special purpose acquisition company Good Works Acquisition. Cipher Mining had an enterprise value of $2 billion and is now listed on Nasdaq.
- Bitfury, which was founded in 2011 by CEO Valery Vavilov, is reportedly considering a listing in either London or Amsterdam. The company didn’t immediately respond to CoinDesk’s request for a comment.
- At present, Argo Blockchain is the only publicly listed crypto miner in the U.K.
UPDATE (OCT. 11, 11:12 UTC): Adds Cipher spinoff, listing location.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.