Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) inspired by Kai-Fu Lee and Chen Qiufan’s new book “AI 2041: Ten Visions For Our Future” will be released by NFT platform TR Lab, according to a TR Lab statement shared with CoinDesk.
- The collaboration is “one of the first cross-medium projects between authors and artists representing two promising emerging technologies: AI and blockchain,” the statement said.
- Founded by former Christie’s Deputy Chairwoman Xin Li-Cohen, TR Lab is an NFT platform for fine art. In August, it auctioned an original artwork by Chinese artist Cai Guo-Qiang for $2.5 million.
- “AI 2041″ is a collection of 10 stories about how artificial intelligence might change the world in the next 20 years.
- Five artists were tapped to interpret the stories: 3D artist Alex Ness, who has worked with musicians Lil Nas X, Travis Scott and Diplo; graphics designer Ash Thorp, whose work has been featured in “Ender’s Game,” “Assassin’s Creed” and “Ghost in the Shell,” as well as AI-focused artists Brendan Dawes, Joshua Davis, and Refik Anadol.
- More artists will be announced in the future, TR Lab said.
- Formerly president of Google China, Lee is one of the most followed figures in China’s tech industry, according to the statement. His venture capital firm Sinovation Ventures has invested in some of China’s most prominent startups, including AI giant Megvii, crypto mining rig maker Bitmain, and drone maker XAG. His 2018 book, “AI Superpowers: China, Silicon Valley, and the New World Order,” was a New York Times bestseller.
- Chen, an award-winning Chinese science fiction writer, said in the statement that “technology will further blur the boundaries of different forms of creations,” opening up “a new realm of unlimited imagination and creativity.”
CORRECTION (Sept. 23, 11:21 UTC): Corrects company name to TR Lab from TR Labs throughout.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.