Crypto.com appointed Patrick Yoon, former country manager at Visa Korea and Mongolia, as its general manager for South Korea.
- Yoon’s experience in the country will help the crypto exchange reach “new heights,” CEO Kris Marszalek said in a statement.
- During his three-year stint at Visa, Yoon worked with regulatory bodies and financial institutions.
- Prior to his time at Visa, Yoon worked at Standard Chartered Bank in South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and the U.K.
- In the past 12 months, the app has grown fivefold to 10 million users. Spending on the Crypto.com Visa card grew by 55% in 2020, the company said in March.
- Meanwhile, South Korean crypto exchanges are struggling to meet a September regulatory deadline.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.