Crypto.com appointed Patrick Yoon, former country manager at Visa Korea and Mongolia, as its general manager for South Korea.
- Yoon’s experience in the country will help the crypto exchange reach “new heights,” CEO Kris Marszalek said in a statement.
- During his three-year stint at Visa, Yoon worked with regulatory bodies and financial institutions.
- Prior to his time at Visa, Yoon worked at Standard Chartered Bank in South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and the U.K.
- In the past 12 months, the app has grown fivefold to 10 million users. Spending on the Crypto.com Visa card grew by 55% in 2020, the company said in March.
- Meanwhile, South Korean crypto exchanges are struggling to meet a September regulatory deadline.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.