Price feeds from smart contract data provider Chainlink are now available on layer 2 scaling solution Optimistic Ethereum (OΞ).
- The link will allow developers to build decentralized finance (DeFi) apps using Chainlink feeds, known as oracles, which provide on-chain data for crypto prices aggregated from hundreds of exchanges.
- The integration will allow DeFi applications to migrate to OΞ with minimal changes to their code, according to an announcement shared with CoinDesk Wednesday.
- Chainlink’s price feeds will be native to OΞ, providing developers with low-cost price updates in real time.
- Chainlink aims to provide the same data quality and reliability as on the Ethereum base layer, but at lower cost and with more frequent updates. In August, its U.S. dollar-denominated price feeds became available on Ethereum scaling solution Arbitrum One.
- Following the integration, Chainlink plans to expand OΞ support to other oracle products, such as Chainlink Keepers, a network of node operators offering decentralized off-chain computation.
Read more about
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.