Price feeds from smart contract data provider Chainlink are now available on layer 2 scaling solution Optimistic Ethereum (OΞ).
- The link will allow developers to build decentralized finance (DeFi) apps using Chainlink feeds, known as oracles, which provide on-chain data for crypto prices aggregated from hundreds of exchanges.
- The integration will allow DeFi applications to migrate to OΞ with minimal changes to their code, according to an announcement shared with CoinDesk Wednesday.
- Chainlink’s price feeds will be native to OΞ, providing developers with low-cost price updates in real time.
- Chainlink aims to provide the same data quality and reliability as on the Ethereum base layer, but at lower cost and with more frequent updates. In August, its U.S. dollar-denominated price feeds became available on Ethereum scaling solution Arbitrum One.
- Following the integration, Chainlink plans to expand OΞ support to other oracle products, such as Chainlink Keepers, a network of node operators offering decentralized off-chain computation.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.