Atari Chain is looking to boost adoption of its native token ATRI with expansion to the Fantom blockchain.
- About 20% of the token’s liquidity has been moved to Fantom’s decentralized finance (DeFi) platforms, allowing users to trade, stake and play games using ATRI, the company said Wednesday.
- The ERC-20 token has posed challenges for users of Atari tokens related to costs and speed associated with trading on the Ethereum blockchain.
- The proof-of-stake Fantom blockchain will allow trading of ATRI at higher speed with “super low transaction fees,” according to Atari Chain.
- Fantom recently became the latest blockchain to announce an incentive program, unveiling a fund worth over $300 million to attract DeFi platforms, part of a broader push from Ethereum competitors to attract liquidity and users.
- Atari Chain is a joint venture between the games company Atari and ICICB, a holding company.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.