Bit2Me Hires Former Mastercard International President as Senior Adviser
Baldomero Falcones will work to expand the company’s debit card service.
Spanish crypto exchange Bit2Me has named Baldomero Falcones, the former president of Mastercard International, as a senior adviser.
- Falcones will help Bit2Me expand its debit card service, Bit2Me Card, the company said in a statement Thursday.
- “Cryptocurrencies are a bigger revolution than credit cards,” Falcones said on Thursday in an interview with Spanish newspaper El Pais.
- In addition to his role at Mastercard International from 2002 to 2006, Falcones was chairman of FCC, a construction company listed on the Ibex 35, and director of operations at Banco Santander.
- He also founded the venture capital firm Magnum Industrial, which focused on mid-market transactions in Spain and Portugal.
- Bit2Me will launch its B2M token on Sept. 6. Earlier this month, the company raised 2.5 million euros in a private funding round.
- “Baldomero will help us connect Bit2Me with the more traditional financial system,” Bit2Me founder and CEO Leif Ferreira said. “Our primary task is taking everyday cards to the crypto market in an exponential way. Our aim is for each new virtual currency we include to be incorporated into the Bit2Me Card.”
- In July, Bit2Me hired former Coinbase UK CEO Zeeshan Feroz as a strategic adviser.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.