Victory Capital is planning to enter the crypto market through a private fund for accredited investors that will track the Nasdaq Crypto Index (NCI).
- The Texas-based company (NADAQ: VCTR) also plans to launch private funds tracking the Nasdaq Bitcoin Reference Price Index and the Nasdaq Ethereum Price Index, it said on Wednesday.
- Victory Capital is launching the products in partnership with digital asset manager Hashdex.
- Brazil-based Hashdex developed the NCI with Nasdaq to help foster institutional interest in digital assets.
- It has previously offered index-tracking crypto funds to non-U.S. accredited investors in partnership
- Partnering with Hashdex to offer such crypto funds makes Victory Capital "the exclusive sponsor of private placement funds and other vehicles for U.S. investors," according to the announcement.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.