Victory Capital is planning to enter the crypto market through a private fund for accredited investors that will track the Nasdaq Crypto Index (NCI).
- The Texas-based company (NADAQ: VCTR) also plans to launch private funds tracking the Nasdaq Bitcoin Reference Price Index and the Nasdaq Ethereum Price Index, it said on Wednesday.
- Victory Capital is launching the products in partnership with digital asset manager Hashdex.
- Brazil-based Hashdex developed the NCI with Nasdaq to help foster institutional interest in digital assets.
- It has previously offered index-tracking crypto funds to non-U.S. accredited investors in partnership
- Partnering with Hashdex to offer such crypto funds makes Victory Capital "the exclusive sponsor of private placement funds and other vehicles for U.S. investors," according to the announcement.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.