- The San Francisco-based firm provides data analytics to monitor risk, detect financial crime and strengthen anti-money laundering (AML) compliance.
- TRM Labs believes the integration of these tools with the Dogecoin blockchain will help market participants in the DOGE ecosystem interact with the network with greater confidence.
- “By integrating with Dogecoin, we offer the ability to detect and investigate cryptocurrency fraud and financial crime, enabling our shared goal of building a safer financial system for billions of people,” said Esteban Castaño, CEO of TRM Labs.
- Founded in 2018, TRM Labs raised $4.2 million in funding led by PayPal ventures in November 2019.
- The company appointed former U.S. Treasury and Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) senior adviser Ari Redbord as its head of legal and government affairs in October.
- Increasingly large firms are embracing DOGE for payments – from Elon Musk's SpaceX to the Oakland A's Major League Baseball team.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.