Binance, the world’s biggest cryptocurrency exchange by trading volume, has led a $2 million funding round for crypto exchange aggregator OpenOcean.
- Other participating investors included Multicoin Capital, LD Capital, CMS, Kenetic and Altonomy, OpenOcean said Tuesday.
- The investment will be used to expand OpenOcean’s aggregation ecosystem of centralized and decentralized exchanges.
- It further plans to add derivatives, combined margin products, yield products, lending, insurance and wealth management services via its different international versions.
- OpenOcean aims to provide users with the best crypto asset prices by facilitating trading across multiple exchanges.
- Currently, the platform supports trading on Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, Tron and Ontology, with Solana, Polkadot and Layer2 coming soon, the firm said.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.