SEBA Bank, a digital assets firm with a banking license in Switzerland, has raised 20 million Swiss francs ($22.48 million) in a Series B funding round, it told CoinDesk.
- Announcing the news Tuesday, SEBA said the investment primes the company to boost product offerings, as well as accelerate growth and international expansion.
- Both existing and news investors from Switzerland, Europe and Asia joined the round, the firm said, but it did not disclose any names.
- The company said it plans to tokenize shares of the Series B round once an expected Swiss blockchain law comes into force.
- "This [investment] will allow us to accelerate the strong growth SEBA Bank is delivering as we also plan to expand into new markets in Middle East and Asia and support U.S. institutional clients,” said SEBA Bank CEO Guido Buehler in the announcement.
- SEBA offers cryptocurrency trading as well as custody services with claimed "military-grade" security. It also has a platform for the issuance and management of tokenized securities.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.