- The European fund manager will invest up to 1.5% of its main fund (worth $5.6 billion at press time) in undisclosed cryptos, according to unnamed sources cited by Bloomberg.
- The macro fund has made multiple bets in crypto companies over the years but shied away from direct exposure until now.
- Their investment in cryptocurrencies continues a trend of storied investment managers rapidly warming up to bitcoin and its smaller brethren.
- Bloomberg said the digital asset investments will be "overseen" by executives at crypto venture firm Distributed Global, of which Brevan Howard is an investor.
- It is not clear if One River Digital, the institutional crypto firm whose parent company is also partly owned by Brevan Howard, is participating.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.