- Context allows users to follow the activity of friends, influencers, decentralized autonomous organizations (DAO) and celebrities. The point is to catch on to “new and trending [non-fungible token] projects,” according to Context’s website.
- Users can choose to participate in a project right from the Context feed.
- Along with the funding, Context has also launched a new version of its app that allows users to follow the wallets of people they follow on Twitter.
- Other investors in the round included Dragonfly Capital, Quora CEO Adam D'Angelo and Vine co-founder Dom Hofmann, among others.
- Context is one of a growing number of Web 3 tracking tools. Nansen, a Web 3 tracking hub, raised $75 million in a funding round last December.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.