CoinDesk may collect personal information from visitors to this site. This information is used only to respond to enquiries and to monitor site usage.
Where personal data is requested through forms (including registration forms for newsletters), such data is only used for the purpose stated on the form and will not be given or sold to any third parties.
By completing survey forms, your data may be used for data analysis and reports, and we may contact you about relevant events or with the results of the survey. Your personal information will not be published and it will not be shared with any third party without your consent.
To unsubscribe from emails click the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the footer of your email. To opt out of daily news emails you can also click the ‘Update Preferences’ link in the email footer. If you are still experiencing issues with your subscription preferences, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep track of advertisements
- Stop you seeing the same ad over and over again
- Show ads that are more relevant to you, using country and language preferences
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and interactions to offer better site experiences and tools in future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf
- Enhance site performance and facilitate certain site features
- Understand if you have already taken a required step to view certain types of content, such as submitting your email address to view a report.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles.
These are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
- Interest-based advertising
Control your interest-based ads
Anonymous user information is used in cookies from these platforms.
- Visit the Online Ad Choices website
Users on CoinDesk may sometimes be retargeted with advertising from the Criteo ad network based on their browsing behaviour. These advertisements, which are powered by cookies, should be more relevant to you than standard advertising. You can read more about Criteo and how to opt-out of these advertisements here, if you wish to.
CoinDesk also works with Taboola to serve content ads. Taboola uses user data to improve suggestions and provide a better experience for users as well as publishers. It is possible to opt-out of those cookies here.
CoinDesk uses the Conversant display network to serve ads. It is possible to opt out here.
CoinDesk contains links to other sites. Some of these may be affiliate marketing links encoded by third parties, such as Skimlinks. Such third parties do not collect any personally identifiable information from CoinDesk.
CoinDesk supports testing of open bitcoin tipping standards in its meta-tags. Feedback can be provided to those developing such tools.
Last Edited on 2015-03-20 - Updated details of bitcoin tipping tags.
Last Edited on 2015-02-02 - Updated details of online advertising services and how to opt-out of these.