University College London Announces Blockchain Security Student Paper Thesis Competition
GB, September 21, 2016 at 14:57 BST
UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies organizes a student thesis/paper competition for students and young researchers on the themes of Blockchain Security, Risk and Financial Cryptography. The jury of the competition is composed of academics which include several well-known specialists of applied cryptography and crypto currency. It is meant to be an independent effort to crowd-source blockchain security, risk and financial cryptography research for the benefit of a broader community which intends to better understand blockchain systems and their vulnerabilities.
Prize Jury is composed of:
- Prof. Jan Aldert Bergstra, Institute of Informatics, University of Amsterdam
- Prof. Alex Biryukov, University of Luxembourg
- Dr. Nicolas T. Courtois, Senior Lecturer, University College London
- Ass. Prof. Stefan Dziembowski, University of Warsaw, Poland
- Prof. Jean-Paul Delahaye, Lille University of Science and Technology, France
- Dr. Aggelos Kiayias, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Prof. David Naccache, Ecole Normale Supérieure and Ingenico Labs, France
- Dr. Vassilis Zikas, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, US
- Dr. Paolo Tasca, UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies, UK
Prizes: Several prizes will be awarded for master thesis and other research work. Here is an example of how the prizes might look like [subject to change]:
- 5 BTC for a study on criticalities, economic distortions and pathologies in the bitcoin economy or other blockchain systems.
- 5 BTC for a study on risk security and vulnerabilities in crypto currency and blockchains.
- 5 BTC for discovery of attacks bugs or flaws in ZK proofs, ring signatures, ECCs, key management and other advanced cryptographic techniques relevant to blockchain tech.
We thank our sponsors Blockchain.info, FinYear, Tramonex Ltd, and Clearmatics and other supporters and donators for their support and encouragments.
Submissions link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=studblocseccomp16
The deadline for submissions is 15 October 2016.
The publication of a press release on this page should not be viewed as an endorsement by CoinDesk. Customers should do their own research before investing funds in any company.
NameDr. Nicolas Courtois
Email address[email protected]