Junior Graphic & Web Designer
We are hiring a full-time, junior level Graphic / Web Design position. This position will have you working with the CoinDesk Director of Marketing who will manage and mentor you in this role, but you will offer support to the entire company, including the editorial & research departments.
CoinDesk is a diverse news, events, data and research company, so your job will include, but is not limited to, creating promotional material & advertisements for different product lines, designing the template & style of research reports, supporting editorial on graphical needs for features, and helping to improve the UI and UX of CoinDesk.com.
- Design: Expert proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Self Starter: You must be able to prioritize, organize, and manage deliverables and be prepared to work on a small team.
- Flexible: The CoinDesk team is a small startup with fewer than 15 employees, so you must have an adaptive personality with the ability to switch priorities on a dime when new requirements materialize.
- 1+ years of experience either in an agency or media environment.
Nice to Have:
- Video & audio editing experience; Adobe Premiere and InDesign a plus.
- A curiosity and willingness to learn more about the bitcoin, blockchain & digital currency space
We want to see examples of your design work and samples of websites that you have worked on. All applications should be sent to [email protected]. Please include:
- Resume of previous experience
- Portfolio of design work, either on a personal website or in a PDF
- Your GitHub profile that shows examples of your code or websites that you’ve worked on
- Any other pertinent information to show you are qualified
Compensation includes competitive salary, benefits, flexible vacation policy, annual performance pay dependent on individual and company performance, and long-term performance incentives. You can expect to take advantage of all the free caffeine and snacks you can handle, a roof deck (with view of Times Square), and a flexible work schedule. This is a full-time staff role with benefits in the New York Office.